Wednesday, March 06, 2013

2013 Goals

Okay, 7 years later ... time to make some new goals for the future!

Career
1) I want a career that is fulfilling, where I am helping people and adding value to society. Ideally I am working for a company that is focused on environmental or social issues and creating a healthier place for healthier people - biking and walking advocacy, environmental behavior change, recycling/composting, green infrastructure ...
2) I want coworkers I enjoy being around.
3) I want to work in a city where I do not need a car, where there are many events and activities so I have a chance to learn new ideas and skills, meet new people, and find a good community for me.  
4) Volunteer at bike/walk coalition, for a music/film festival, for

Personal
1) Start dating people (once I get settled somewhere) and be serious about finding and starting a lasting romance.
2) Get involved in different activities in the city I end up in ... go meet people with similar interests! Get out and go to concerts (west african), dancing (tango), language classes (french), music lessons (pick a new instrument), volunteer (animals, kids, nature, concerts), spirituality sessions, meet-ups and couch surfing, picnic and nice walks ...
3) Send a post card to all the people who have helped me the last few years and make sure they know they are welcome to visit and stay with me whenever they want.
4) Cook nice meals for people
5) Be more generous
6) Go swimming once per week
7) Drink more water!
8) Be more grateful for what I have NOW

New Skills
1) Learn French - become fluent!
2) Learn Reiki
3) Learn Reflexology
4) Look into getting project management certification (PMI)
5) Get my thesis published
6) Brainstorm how to start my own company
7) Learn HTML and other coding languages (talk to K)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home