Friday, November 17, 2006

List of Goals

Ok, so here's my list of goals:
 
Information-gathering:
listen to minimalist music
learn about Eurythmics
learn about Kindermusic/Montessori/Orf/Kodaly
learn about Boston
learn about Circ de Sole
think about film scores
learn about other people's jobs in music/arts
learn to make use of all the resources in my school and city
learn about possible schools for next year
 
My Work:
work with D (the dancer)
learn to play marimba really well
compose regularly
take lessons with great marimbists in Europe
plan a recital
connect with musicians here--do performances
make a decision for next year
learn how to wrap mallets
 
Travel:
visit M in Venice
visit A and M in Madrid (visit Barcelona)
visit X in Netherlands
meet up with D
 
Personal:
connect with my family
visit my feelings
go for walks
eat healthy foods
swim
salsa dance
work really hard
learn to work OR relax (one or the other)
meditate
 
Other:
study Czech
listen to Janacek
start to write stories about my travels
listen to jazz
improvise on marimba
 
 
What I'm doing right now, is that I've started a notebook dedicated to career planning.  I've realized that one of my biggest problems right now is that I don't have enough information, and I'm unable to make decisions because of this.  So, I'm spending a lot of energy on gathering info.  I have one page in the notebook which is a list of things I need to get info about before I can make some decisions.  I'm finding it's helping me a lot, and I'm writing step by step how to get the info--similar to SARK's micromovements method. 
 
Right now I'm feeling like there's just too much..like I don't know how to organize my goals and movements.  I'd like to figure out how to make weekly goals and daily goals, and how to plan my time so that the most important things get done.  I attempted it this week, to make weekly/daily goals, but unfortunately most of them didn't happen because they were just too big and there wasn't enough time. Maybe with practice you can get better at making reasonable goals and achieving them?
 
Alright, I'll do the 10 lives exercise soon!!
 


Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home